Mobile hotel bookings keep growing…
Here at freetobook we keep an eye on industry trends and an even closer watch on trends within our own booking systems.. with thousands of accommodation owners using freetobook we have an insight into trends and that can help you improve your direct bookings.
Freetobook is a highly advanced mobile friendly internet booking system which enables all our customers to maximise their mobile bookings.
7 Mobile Booking Trends you need to know about
1. Over 10% of all availability searches on property websites are using a mobile or tablet (freetobook)
2. Mobile traffic has (in the last year) grown over 10 times faster than desktop visits (freetobook)
3. In the last three months 61% of email opens in the USA were on a mobile or tablet.
4. 25% of smartphone owners booked hotels using their smartphone
5. More than half of all travellers researching their travel plans on their smartphone
6. This year over 1 Billion people bought smartphones
7. Over 50% of all phones sold are now smartphones
Most research is now showing that customers are using multiple devices to book and research travel its fair to say the touch points with customers are diverse in time, browser and device.
One of my favourite quotes is “Five minutes here, two minutes there, and I booked a trip without taking a huge, long chunk of time to plan everything.” (Google 2013 Traveler report)
Freetobook has the flexibility and advanced functionality across mobile platforms so your customers can book on any device, this means you won’t lose bookings as the world of mobile changes and customers habits morph, freetobook moves ahead.
Google has recently released their 2013 Traveler report which shows Mobile booking trends and broader traveller attitudes and behaviours. For anyone interested in how travellers are interacting with the internet Google’s report is a must read. I have enclosed a link to it at the bottom of the page. Find out more about a freetobook mobile website and mobile bookings
Watch the freetobook video below and see what mobile booking can look like for your customers.
Google research study on the 2013 Traveller – get your report on this link