Why your widget is so important to your business!
A sports car may be beautifully styled, but if it can’t go anywhere it’s just… well, a sculpture. In the same way, no matter how good your website looks – and no matter how much money you spend getting people to it – if it doesn’t have a robust “engine” under the hood, no-one is going to book on it. Your booking engine really is the “business end” of your website.
We’ve put a lot of thought and effort into making those bookings happen for you, but that can be wasted if you don’t spend a little extra time making sure your widget looks fantastic. Your room details page is usually the 2nd most visited page on your website. Why? Because people, quite understandably, want to see what they’re getting for their hard-earned money! Showing customers what they are getting whilst they’re considering prices and availability will increase their likelihood of booking….it’s as simple as that.
Here are our 5 top tips to making your widget wonderful!
- Room images that keep the customer in the “booking zone”
- A list of room facilities that avoids any doubts/delays (i.e. is there a hair dryer?)
- Short and clear room descriptions that sell the benefits (i.e. free WIFI, a view etc)
- An enticing breakfast description that reinforces the value
- A beautiful header image that says “you’ve found the perfect place….”
The right level of information at the right time with a clear “call to action” (i.e. “Book Now”) is what great marketing is all about. That’s what will get you more bookings. Guaranteed.